Monetary donations are tax-deductible and can be for general use, dedicated to specific materials or programs, or made in memory/honor of someone or some thing. Generous past gifts have provided the library with funds needed for children’s materials, cultural programs for adults, library furnishings and equipment, and the purchase of numerous books and other media. The library’s donor wall is still available for engraved plates that honor donors at three levels: $100, $500 and $1,000. The plates will remain in the library building, allowing library patrons to recognize those who support the library.
Donations to the library can be sent to the following address:
Munising School Public Library
810 State Hwy M-28 W., Suite A
Munising MI 49862
To Donate with a credit card, debit card, or via PayPal, please click here.
The library appreciates the donation of books and materials from patrons, but reminds them that the library is under no obligation to add those items to the collection. Donations are made and accepted with the understanding that the library makes no promises as to the outcome of the donated items. Some items may be added to our collection or sold in a library book sale. It is up to the discretion of the librarian. We accept donations on Tuesdays between 10am-1pm. Here are a few guidelines to remember when donating books to the library:
- As a general rule, if you would not buy it at a sale, we cannot accept it
- We do not accept textbooks.
- We do not accept any non fiction older than 5 years.
- We do not accept medical/health related books older than 3 years.
- We do not accept BluRay or DVD’s without original cases and artwork
- We do not accept books that smell musty, smoky, etc. or have visible stains, mold, moisture rippling, dirt or highlighting.
The library reserves the right to refuse any donations for any reason. If you would like a letter documenting your donation for tax purposes, please be aware that the library will assign no monetary value.
Items of Local Significance Wanted
- Historic Photos of local import
- Published books by Alger County authors
- Books and items depicting events, places etc., in Alger County